compositions

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Rather the Devil.


Rather the Devil. It needs a melody -- I'm thinking Bluesy at the moment but we'll see ---!

When I awoke this morning I was sweating in my bed
The devil stood before me in a glow of angry red
I looked out of the window as the rain began to fall
The devil started grinning , it was not a social call.

Now listen to me Lucifer I know I done much wrong
But I want to go to heaven , not to hell where I belong
The Devil said no no my boy I think you know right well
That your off to stir the brimstone pots , I’m taking you to hell.

Just then my lovely wife came in , said what the hell this row
The devils come to get me and to take me down below
She said listen here young Satan , now don’t you fuss and fret
You can have him very shortly but I aint done with him yet.

It wasn’t very hopeful but I thought I might be free
then I spotted her and Satan in the parlour drinking tea
I said ok I’ve had enough I’m going back to bed
If you want a soul to carry off why not take her instead.

Old Nick looked up at once and on his face there was a frown
He took a backward step and looked me missus up and down
He said Now that ive had a  look at her it’s plain for all to tell
You’ve suffered long enough up here its better down in hell.

©. mike locke.





No comments:

Post a Comment