compositions

Monday 11 February 2013

Baltic Fleet.

The BalticFleet sessions. ran back to back in Jan/Feb as the day changes from the last Saturday of the month to the first. I enjoyed the first Saturday and joined in with my octave mandola! the first time it has had an airing in the Baltic and I joined with Keith with his fiddle for a couple of sets. It is really a shanty session so I tried to keep it to hornpipes and nautical themed stuff , No hardship for ME as I prefer hornpipes , they are a little less diddlydee than the jigs and reels , They are OK but are a little repetitious after a while.Derek and Julia kept the singers and players rotating nicely and we had a great selection of music from all concerned.

Her's a picture of the Baltic in the 60/70's by the looks of things.


No comments:

Post a Comment