compositions

Thursday 30 May 2013

Belvedere session assailed!!

Another good afternoon at the Belvedere! Quite a lot of humour and a visit from an outraged gentleman who was rather discommoded because he clearly regarded us as the usurpers on his territory . After upbraiding Fred , he proceeded to inform us that he had been "drinking in this pub for 50 years" !!! and then retreated to the bar--- for another 50 year stint perhaps??
It was alleged that he "Bound musical instruments in sellotape" seemingly to prevent them being played??? (This is getting very strange now) So Jim and I played a little set that I largely made up as I went along and called it the "Sellotape hornpipe" ---Well--it amused me anyway!!--- Gary declared that the name would stick ! ----- Colin logged it as "Tunes" with a wry grin :-)
 I still like the comment branding the session as "The graveyard of English folk" Quite an accolade methinks!! Although I have only been attending for a few months (49 yrs. to go) I am happy to announce the one year anniversary of the inception of this "charnel house" of folk music where I have been fortunate enough to have met some of the nicest zombies stiffs and ghouls on the folk circuit!

The Elderflower beer from Liverpool organic was a lovely refreshing libation and I would have drank more if I hadn't been laughing so much!!!

2 comments:

  1. I should have put a copyright on that phrase - somebody is bound to want to use it for an
    album title!
    Anyway it was indeed a great afternoon, and I think we shall have to stage the angry interruption as a regular feature.
    Cheers, Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shall start interviewing applicants for the "Mr Angry" slot next week do you think?? A panel a bit like Britain's got talent might work --- perhaps someone to do a bit of goading?? No "Alf Garnett" clones though , we want originality here in the graveyard!!!

    ReplyDelete